Tombola is a name that has been around since the 1950s but back then, they only printed bingo tickets. It was in 2006 that their online bingo brand launched and since then they have been responsible for offering some of the most exclusive, and playable, bingo games on the Internet. They are an awarding winning name and for many different reasons.
|Welcome Offer||£50 FREE – Deposit £25 play with £75*|
|Software||Proprietary – Their own custom software|
|Best Payment Method||Debit Cards ONLY|
As a new player to Tombola, this bingo site offers a 200% match bonus on your first deposit to a maximum of £25. This means on a £10 deposit, you will have £30 to play with, but with a £25 deposit, you will have £75 to play with, or £50 free, which is bonus money which cannot be withdrawn, so you have to play with it.
If you are a high roller and wish to deposit more than £25 on your initial transaction with them, you will only receive the bonus on the first £25.
The real cash in your account is used first and then your bonus money covers any further play.
You do have the option to decline the bonus funds if you wish but at this site, any winnings derived from your bonus are real cash. It is worth noting though that you cannot use your bonus funds on two of their games – Hamster Race and Tombola Roulette.
There are no wagering requirements to the bonus funds. The only restriction is that bonus money cannot be withdrawn.
Deposit and Withdrawal
Payment options changed on 1st April 2020 when gambling deposits using credit cards were made illegal. Tombola only allows you to use your debit card to deposit funds with them.
You may need to verify your account at some point by providing your ID. This will mean uploading documents in the My Account section of their site. There is an area called Update Personal Details. For verification and you will need one piece of ID from each of the following two groups:
- Passport (valid, not expired)
- Driving Licence (valid, not expired)
- National ID Card
- Bank Statement – showing the bank logo and your name and address
- Utility Bill – showing the company logo and your name and address
- Letter from the Inland Revenue or other government body.
All of the documents you send from Group Two must be dated within the last three months.
The promotional schedule changes regularly and they work hard to keep their players interested and excited about playing at the site.
- Playmates – this is one of our favourites from this brand and the reason is simple, it sees you earn by introducing your friends to the site. Not like other brands where you earn once when they make their initial deposit, they reward you when your friends win!
- Daily Free Game – this option often changes names, but at the time of writing this it was a game called 4FREE. It’s absolutely free to play, no wagering or spend requirements necessary. There are two chances to play a day, once on tombola.co.uk and once on tombolaarcade.co.uk. There are prizes up to £5,000 to be won a day and £40,000 to be won each week.
Other promotions that appear on the dedicated pages included guaranteed jackpots and linked jackpots. These play in various rooms and across the variety of games that the site has to offer.
Tombola Bonus Codes
Tombola are also known to offer regular £5 free bonus codes to players and playmates. You can find the latest bonus codes on our dedicated page.
Bingo Games and Slots
It’s probably easier to tell you what games aren’t available at this site! This site really has the most impressive of games portfolios in the online bingo landscape but remember, it’s all bingo rather than slots. Slots are played at their sister site, Tombola Arcade.
Tombola do bingo bigger and better. Not only will you find the mainstay options like 75 ball, 80 ball and 90 ball bingo they also have speed bingo, bingo50, bingo60, and bingolite and then we have unique games like:
- Paper – launched in March 2020
- The Machine – launched in February 2020
- Morph – launched October 2019
- Potion – launched August 2019
- Picture Bingo – launched June 2019
- Bingo Roulette
- Hamster Races
- Tombola Roulette
As you can see from the list, Tombola doesn’t sit on their laurels and just hope that players keep coming back. This company works hard to come up with innovative new games to maintain their customer’s interest, which is why it’s probably one of the best bingo sites in the UK to play at.
Support is available in a number of different ways. If you’re playing at the site, the chat hosts are extremely knowledgeable and will try their best to help you. However, if they can’t or it is something you do not wish to discuss in the chat room, you have the following options available to you:
- Live Help – the average response time on Live Help is 4 seconds
- Telephone – 0800 29 888 73 with an average response time of 8 seconds
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org and they aim to reply within 4 hours
- Postal Address – Wylam Wharf, Low Street, Sunderland, Tyne and Wear. SR1 2JR
There are no sister bingo sites but they do have a spin-off (excuse the pun) site that offers slots and more arcade based games. It’s called Tombola Arcade.
Some of the games offered by Tombola Arcade include:
- Trio – Match 3 wo win cash prizes up to £1,000.
- Bubble – Pop that virtual bubble wrap to win up to £500 in this unique game.
- Spin – Win up to £500 with classic casino style slots.
- Glow – Top prizes are promised in this “Enchanted Forest”.
- Pick – Find hidden symbols to win up to £200.
- Scratch – Scratch and match symbols to win up to £500.
- Flip – Reveal tiles in different themes to win up to £500.
- Cards – A poker-themed card game where you spin the reel to win up to £500.
- Go – A take on the tile-themed board game where you can win up to £500.
Tombola are quite the television stars and since they launched have had multiple television marketing campaigns running. They’ve fallen foul of the Advertising Standards Authority over the years as the rules around advertising gambling companies changed and operators got used to the new rules.
That said, one of our favourites from the brand was one that was banned and if we’re honest, the new-look advertising is dull in comparison. Some have even suggested that the Tombola adverts look more like they are marketing a dating app than a bingo site!
For our review page, we’ve opted to share a Spanish advert for the site simply because it features the tune used in the rollercoaster advert that was banned in the UK in 2009.
The original UK advert featured the bingo balls riding a rollercoaster as the same tune from Marisol, Le Vida Es Una Tombola (life is a rollercoaster) played. It was banned because it was considered to have appeal to children and breached (a) CAP (Broadcast) TV Advertising Standards Code rule 11.10.2(b) (Rules for gambling advertisements).
Put aside personal opinion for the moment and the wealth of awards that this brand has won in itself would suggest that it is more than worthy of the 5 star rating that we have given it.
tombola is a brand that has its players rather than its bottom line at the fore.
From the unique way it uses chat hosts to the innovative games it continues to roll out to players, this site is one that just keeps on giving.
We love the Playmates bonuses, the overall atmosphere in the chat rooms and the innovation and when it comes to voting, players do it with their virtual feet and keep on coming back to tombola.